Hello Friends and Comrades,
1) Here is the political prisoner birthday poster for June. As always, please post this poster publicly and/or use it to start a card writing night of your own.
2) June 11th is the international day of solidarity with Marius Mason, and all long-term anarchist prisoners. There’s still time to organize something in your town. You can find more info on organizing an event and what has happened in previous years here.
3) Sekou Kambui spent forty years behind bars as a political prisoner, and now he needs our help!
The former Panther, CORE, and SCLC member was diagnosed with liver cancer shortly after his release, and has been in and out of the hospital for cancer treatment as well as other health problems, including severe edema in his leg. The edema requires almost weekly trips to the hospital to have fluid drained from his leg, an expense in time and money he can’t afford. Though chemotherapy has produced encouraging results so far, the medical bills keep piling up. Despite his poor health, Sekou has continued his work with the organization he founded in prison, the Social Consciousness Development Group, and has continued to speak publicly on behalf of U.S. Political Prisoners. Now he needs our support to get through the trying times ahead.
Help Sekou Kambui continue his long fight for justice in good health! Donate here.
4) Prison Legal News recently celebrated its 25th year. Check out this interview with their editor Paul Wright drawing connections between environmental movements and anti-prison movements.
5) Be sure to check out the latest Political Prisoner/Prisoner Of War every-other week update by the NYC-Anarchist Black Cross. There are lots of important updates on many political prisoners.
Until Every Cage Is Empty,