Hello Friends and Comrades,
1) Here is the political prisoner birthday poster for April. As always, please post this poster publicly and/or use it to start a card writing night of your own.
2) On March 30th, Mumia Abu-Jamal was rushed to the hospital after passing out at State Correctional Institution (SCI) Mahanoy. He was admitted to the Schuylkill Medical Center with a blood sugar level of 779. Today, he received visits from his wife, Wadiya, and his brother, Keith Cook. Mumia’s blood sugar had dropped to 333 as of a couple hours ago. This is still elevated and at an unhealthy level.
Mumia’s family and supporters are asking that you call now to demand that Mumia’s case be reviewed by doctors representing the family: Say you are calling about prisoner WESLEY COOK, #AM8335
- Pennsylvania Bureau of Health Care Director Chris Oppman, 717-728-5311 (an activist says he’s personally answering this number and that he has replaced Richard Ellers)
- Corrections Secretary John Wetzel, 717-728-4109 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schuylkill Medical Center Superintendent Mark Lory,
420 S. Jackson St., Pottsville, PA 17901, 570-621-5000
(or his secretary, Diane Doyn, ext. 5102)
- Mahanoy State Correctional Institute Superintendent John Kerestes, 570-773-2158 (or his secretary, Mary Kay)
3) Be sure to check out the latest Political Prisoner/Prisoner Of War every-other week update by the NYC-Anarchist Black Cross. There are lots of important updates on many political prisoners.
Until Every Cage Is Empty,