From POW Medical Justice
Seth’s medical condition continues to worsen, and he has not been evaluated or treated for potentially life-threatening symptoms despite following formal medical care request procedures within the prison. Because the medical staff at the prison and Health Services of the Department of Correction continue to neglect his medical needs despite numerous calls from concerned medical providers and other citizens, we urge both Commissioner Annucci and Governor Cuomo to exercise oversight and see to it that Seth finally receives proper medical care.
*Talking points and sample letter below*
THINGS YOU CAN DO:
1) On Tuesday, 5/19 and Wednesday, 5/20 please call:
*Governor Andrew M. Cuomo at (518) 474-8390 x2
*Acting Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci, NYS Department of Corrections at (518) 457-8134
2) On Thursday, 5/21 and Friday, 5/22, please fax (you can use a free online fax service like faxzero.com if needed):
*Governor Cuomo at Fax: (518) 486-4466
*Acting Commissioner Anthony J. Annucci at Fax: (518) 457-0076
***Suggested talking points***
State who you are calling about and include his prisoner #: Robert Seth Hayes, #74-A-2280, at Sullivan Correctional Facility;
Say that you are requesting oversight of the medical team at Sullivan and DOCC Health Services as well as:
1) an immediate work-up of his cough and shortness of breath;
2) an assessment of his weight loss to have potential malignancies ruled out;
3) modification of his insulin regimen to better control his diabetes and prevent low blood sugars; and
4) a physician’s order for a diabetic diet.
Please email email@example.com and let us know what response you receive so that it can be given to Seth’s legal team.