Thanks for your interest in donating books! Most prisons do not allow hardcover books, therefore we can only accept donations of soft cover books. Donations must be in very good or good condition.
Please email us to set up a time to drop off donations, or if you would like to arrange a pick-up. (email@example.com). Note: because we plan to move soon, we may limit individual donations to 1-2 boxes max.
We are in particular need of the following:
- Softcover dictionaries (English, Spanish-English, possibly other languages, Law, Medical…), and thesauruses
- How-to books on: automotive repair, electrical or other home repair, and gardening
- Business (how to start or run a business, in particular in NC)
- Art: about art, or how to draw (we get a lot of requests for books on how to draw).
- Non-fiction about civil rights, black power, black movements, liberation
- Fiction books in Spanish
- Softcover law books (for North Carolina or Alabama)
- GED or Adult Basic Education Materials
Book Drives and Book Drop Off Sites
Please contact us if your business, church, or other organization would like to serve as a book drop off center and/or hold a book drive!