1) Here is the political prisoner birthday poster for November. As always, please post this poster publicly and/or use it to start a card writing night of your own.
2) Please help raise funds for our comrade Andy’s legal fund. On August 23rd Andy was arrested while attending a demonstration in solidarity with those protesting in Ferguson, MO following the murder of Michael Brown. While walking on the sidewalk during the protest, he was tackled to the ground and kicked by multiple officers, arrested, and non-consensually brought to the hospital for injuries that the police had inflicted. Because the police took away the bandages he had been given in the ER, he had to take care of his injuries on his own, while in jail. He has since been slapped with a large emergency room bill. He was held for around 28 hours with little food or water, and was subject to intimidation and threats of multiple felony charges and federal involvement. Instances like this are not unusual. In fact, these circumstances – violent arrests, legal threats, withholding medical treatment and intimidation – are common in suppression of dissent against police brutality. Andy now faces six misdemeanor charges, for which the DA’s office has already demanded at least $1,500 in damage.
3) Political Prisoner Tom Manning is scheduled to see the US Parole Board in November. In a recent letter he asks that people write letters supporting his release on parole. He writes “so if folks can just write their own letters expressing each ones ideas rather than all of them sounding like they read a form letter – so that they put their own voice down on paper.”
Please write a letter to support Tom!
Your letter should reference:
Thomas Manning #10373-016
and be sent to:
U.S. Parole Commission
90 K Street, NE, Third Floor
Washington, D.C. 20530
Please make a copy and send it to:
Tom Manning 10373-016
PO Box 1600
Butner, NC 27509
More info on Tom here.
4) Carrboro’s Anarchist Book Fair is right around the corner on Saturday, November 22nd. Don’t miss this opportunity to join anarchists and other brilliant, beautiful, and courageous individuals from around the world in strategizing against tyranny and celebrating our collective power.
This year’s presenters will speak on topics from encryption and digital security to anarchist perspectives on sex work. We’ll hear multiple perspectives on green anarchism and different kinds of prisoner support. A poet who lived in Cairo through the Egyptian revolution will translate poetry from the movement there; a comrade from Barcelona will speak on the successful
struggle against the attempt to evict the Can Vies occupation. We’re especially excited to welcome speakers from St. Louis who participated in the events in Ferguson last August.
More Info @: http://carrboroanarchistbookfair.wordpress.com/
7) Be sure to check out the latest Political Prisoner/Prisoner Of War every-other week update by the NYC-Anarchist Black Cross. There are lots of important updates on many political prisoners.
Until Every Cage Is Empty,