1) Here is the political prisoner birthday poster for September. As always, please post this poster publicly and/or use it to start a card writing night of your own.
2) A bail and legal fund has been established to support the 43 or so people who have been arrested during the initial anti-police demonstrations in Ferguson, Mo. Please spread the word widely and help get some money together to get these people out.
All funds collected will be used to support those arrested during the demonstrations–their bail money, fines, legal funds, or other related expenses. In the unlikely event that there are additional funds, they will be used to support people resisting police repression and police violence in the future. Thank you.
For more information on what’s been going on in Ferguson you can check out these articles on our blog.
3) No, for real, come celebrate the Ten-Year Anniversary of the Carrboro Really Really Free Market! A wild party! The Carrboro Really Really Free Market is celebrating its ten-year anniversary with a massive festival! You’re invited for a whole weekend of really really free activities. We’re hoping comrades from around the world will join us in making this something to remember!
A clash of utopias! Come demonstrate the life you would prefer to capitalism. Set up a booth, offer a workshop, put on a performance, screen a film, carry out some dramatic action, obtain and distribute some resource no one could imagine being free. We want to see a wide range of utopian visions and ungovernable desires manifested. Rather than simply opposing what exists, reactively, we dare you to demonstrate that your alternative to competition and obedience is more nourishing, more exciting, and more fulfilling than anything the market can offer.
More info here. See you in October!
4) Update your solstice card lists, because our new address is now officially:
Internationalist Prison Books Collective
101 Lloyd St.
Carrboro, NC 27510
5) Luke O’Donovan’s trial is over and he has been sentenced to 2 years in prison and eight years of probation and banishment from the state of Georgia. Luke and his support committee are asking for help in pressuring the judge to lift the banishment from his sentence.
6) Bill Dunne has been recently transferred and might not have gotten your birthday cards from last month. His new address is:Bill Dunne 10916-086 USP Lompoc
3901 KLEIN BLVD
LOMPOC, CA 93436
7) On June 27th Alvaro Luna Hernandez was moved to the James V. Allred Unit in brutal fashion. About a month later Sacramento Prisoner Support received a very welcome letter where he updates us on the conditions of the move, and his current situation.
And he would really love to here from all supporters. Here is his current address:
Alvaro Luna Hernandez
James V Allred Unit
2101 FM 369 North
Iowa Park, TX 76367
8) Be sure to check out the latest Political Prisoner/Prisoner Of War every-other week update by the NYC-Anarchist Black Cross. There are lots of important updates on many political prisoners.
Until Every Cage Is Empty,